The Whiskey Philosophy

The one who drinks responsibly, knows it’s not that bad. 
Though Tuborg is not a whiskey :P

The one who doesn’t drink at all, gets terrified with the idea of spreading it over the tongue. It’s obvious as well. Who’d like to taste bitter, medicated smelling liquid? None. 

Personally, I drink. I drink sometimes, occasionally. I drink when friends and colleagues gather. I drink when it’s Friday. I drink when it’s Wednesday, sometimes. I drink when someone says, “Let’s drink”. I drink when it’s your birthday or mine. I drink when I am happy, to celebrate the happiness. I drink when I am sad to wash away the sorrow along with it. That being said, there’s no argument required, to prove, I drink only in special occasions. LOL.


I guess everyone reading this have had some taste of alcohol in any form. May be beer, whiskey, bull, jolly, wine or any. And I am quite sure most of you drink only occasionally just like me. 

Though I drink only in special occasions, I tried to jot down some feelings that common people get when their glasses and stomach are filled, repeatedly.

  1. Feeling of All in one: It comes. Partners in crime, partners in rhyme, partners in crying, partners in flying, it all happens when you drink. Drinking sets the right tone, the right atmosphere to grab the suitable rhythm to get along. “Hey bro!!! Never worry, whatever happens, I’m there for you.” 
  2.  The more I drink the better you sound: It happens. Doesn’t it? I remember me drinking with people that I am not much fond of, because I was compelled by only a good friend in the group. I could rarely feel comfortable around them. But drinking, makes the other person sound shit right and fine. Even though I would remember nothing the person was talking the next day, but damn shawty, you are sounding too good at the moment. 
  3.  The Evenness: You are in a group. Everyone around you is about to fill their glasses, but you had never drunk. You don’t want to, so you reject the offer and someone around you gives you that look. Yeah that look, which most of you might have got. Everyone drinks, and are about to go shit drunk, wild and crazy. Despite you being the only sober one, being around them would make you the crazy one, simply, the odd one out rule.

      These are the feelings that I get.

     But all the people in this world aren’t as good as me. :D Some people tend to be more aggressive, more egoistic and super-duper overconfident when they drink. I don’t know what goes inside their head. Sometimes, I think they are pretending just to show off or something. I think they particularly feel: 

  1.  I am the God: “I did this.”, “It’s because of me that s/he did that else they are incapable.”, “ Who else here, could have done it without me?” It’s time that these sorry asses shut their mouth. They often feel that they are the sun and the world revolves around them. 
  2.  Aggressive: Doesn’t matter their strength but they feel like they are the strongest one and it needs to be shown. They spit whatever they like. They don’t care the surrounding. Blood runs speedily through their head. I don’t get it why they do that. “Hey you!!! What are you staring at?” 
  3.  I am always right: It’s completely okay to feel that you are right in the cases. When you are wrong it’s equally important to confess as well. But when you are on this trip, most often feels that the stars always appear and aren’t able to see the bigger picture.

There are enormous feelings that one gets, all cannot be jotted, nor am I intending to do so.
I’m a civil engineer. During my bachelors, I used to hear, “Those who don’t drink and can’t play cards, will never get the license of civil engineer.” 

I am just 24 and have sat together with people of my father’s age. I’ve grown mature and I’ve travelled to remotest rural areas of Nepal. I have begun to comprehend different society I live, including the society of professionals. I’ve met new people, talked with them, judged them (bad thing) and have manipulated some as well. I did it because I had to. A civil engineer besides, gaining technical proficiency must have social skills and whiskey can be your friend to accompany you in that. But its not necessarily true that only a whiskeyers can be socially good and the one who aren’t are social cocoon.

Drink responsibly. It does no harm. Enjoy responsibly. It does multiplies.

Never, ever drink to damage your liver to resolve whether your brain or your heart is right. Don’t drink if it brings out your ego, only to find yourself lying later in the dirt. 

Drinking is going on a ride, which way to go, you decide.
“A bottle of whiskey has more philosophy than all the books in the world.”

Comments

Popular Posts