It's Relatable

With the approaching new year, many of you might be procrastinating your work to start from Jan 1, 2019?? It's relatable. 

I had decided that I was going to continue my blogging journey and was going to publish a blog post on Jan 1, 2019, but why wait until then? Thinking, it made no sense. Its going to be the same normal day only with a difference that there was going to be a little burst of motivation that I had piled up. That sudden burst of energy would have made me work for a few days, but surely it would have subsided away. So, contrary to this, I am planning to post a little early and continue for a longer time.

The reason I started blogging was to improve my amateur writing skills. Google told me that the best way to improve writing is by writing and from then, although irregularly, I continued blogging for quite a long time. Some blog posts were received with appreciation while some were awful, but each time that I finished writing an article, it gave me a sense of accomplishment and a little dopamine was released.

I went back and re-read my few blogposts. The ones that reflected similar experience with the readers were appreciated. It's human nature to like something with which you agree and profoundly fall in love with which you can relate. 

Let me talk a relatable talk here. Many of us want to be a successful person. The meaning of success depends upon one's philosophy, but I am sure that every one of us would like to reach a level where the money would not be of concern anymore. Travelling and exploring would be a hobby that is not expensive. All the latest gadgets will be at our disposal. Some of us would want to be a reputable person or even a  celebrity, and the list goes on. But how many of us are willing to put the same amount of hard work? I know we all are grown-ups and we all know that hard work combined with luck is what that can make these dreams possible but yet, we don't put on that effort. It's relatable. 

I am someone who is fascinated by simple things and is easily influenced. I saw a rapper and wanted to be one. I saw a guitarist and learned for myself. I saw influencers' blog and created one. I saw a friend who was having fun taking photographs, and yes I bought a camera. Even during my childhood, I remember me playing all sorts of sports, cricket, football, table tennis, volleyball and growing up even basketball. There is both pros and cons to this. The good thing is, I am at least experimenting with different things to find my true passion and the bad thing is I don't have expertise on any. It's like I reached a plateau on most of them and did not push myself further, the phenomenon which can be explained by a simple diagram below:


The yellow line separates the zone between professional and non-professional. The blue line represents the expert's path. Red line denotes my path struggling to cross the yellow line, but unfortunately, the journey has been ending without passing it.
However, what is to be noted is that most of us give up just at the point of threshold. So, let’s continue pushing forward, acquire expertise and let’s make the story relatable. 😄😄😄

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts