Power of Introvert

Yeah I’m a introvert guy. I usually do not make sound unless I have to and I have very selective people with whom I talk. This fact was further supported when I took a quiz that tested my personality whether I’m an introvert or an extrovert. Here’s the link if you too want to test your personality: http://www.quietrev.com/the-introvert-test/

I always thought this as my back pulling personality trait. I wanted to be a social butterfly but I couldn’t. I never wanted to talk much but with around the people that I love, I’d prefer a beer or wine and a soothing calm talk.


When people would ask, “How are you?” I’d simply reply, “I’m fine, thanks and you?” rather than, “Yeah! I am really feeling great today. I ran through that forest, went back, and performed 40 pushups and whole lot of abs exercise. I can even feel it protruding. What about you?” 

The thing is it’s not that I hate you, it’s all about who I am comfortable with and frankly speaking, I don’t know with whom I can get comfortable with. It’s like an innate thing for me. 

I’ve figured out other power personality trait that we introvert possess but most of us don’t realize.

         1) Introverts are mysterious: Yeah of course. Since we don’t talk much unless we absolutely have to, we tend to be conceived as mysterious by other people. Others cannot easily penetrate what’s behind our head. They might try but will ultimately fail seeing the walls that we’ve built.

2    2)   Our talks: We usually avoid small talks. Talking about people we know and backbiting what they do is surely a waste of energy and time for us. We crave for ideas.
We want logic behind our talks. We’d rather go off the group than engage ourselves in unnecessary talks.

     3) We are constantly thinking: Well, I don’t find this very useful I should say, but this is what we are. We are preoccupied with our flying thoughts. In my case, I mostly keep on thinking so much that whenever other people talk nonsense in usual way, I don’t listen to half of the things they are talking. I just nod my head, “oh! testo”. 

But constantly thinking, we would already find the solution to the problem when others are just examining it after they are done with their chitchatting.

  4) We understand: We introverts will never be found irritating which some of the so called social butterfly appear. Always moving their mouth, creating their sound waves over and over in the air, makes me think when will it disappear?? We understand, the things that needs to be said and I bet our observation skills is what makes us better in understanding the situation.


Thinking of it now, I think I am imperfectly perfect.

Why am I talking this? Is this important at all that you are an introvert or an extrovert? 

I didn’t cared much about it before I got struck with one site that says introversion and extroversion lies at the nature of human heart. One scientist refers to them as “the north and south of temperament.”  When you make life choices that are congruent with your temperament—and allow others to do the same—you unleash vast stores of energy. Conversely, when you spend too much time battling your own nature, the opposite happens: you deplete yourself.

So introverts and extroverts as well, strengthen your strength rather than working on your weakness. It’s always better for aiming towards multiplication of productivity.

If you keep on focusing on your weakness, then it’s going to be a mere increment only.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts