4 yrs up

I am bad at dates. I usually don’t remember them, even the important ones. I don’t remember the date I joined KU, but I am hoping to remember the date of my graduation. The day is coming nearer and I’m hoping to be qualified not just on a certificate basis.

I actually wanted to be a Computer Engineer but I’m about to get a degree of Civil Engineer. Not bad, though. Specialization in hydropower, new course first launched and opportunity to be the first badge directed my dreams and thoughts the other way. No doubt, the thoughts became action. I joined Civil Engineering in date which I don’t remember but in the span of these nearly 4 years, I have trapped memories that are mesmerizing and unforgettable.

These 4 years were the liveliest periods of my life till date. I got to experience hostel life which I have never been in before. The disciplinary rules of the home, all cut off. What could you be asking for more than this at your teenage period? But it also made me realized at this stage how much dependent I was to my parents. I still am but the extent has decreased. It’s a time of freedom and challenge too. You’ve got to complete the courses offered, by hook or by crook. Yeah I crooked sometimes but that lasted very little. At the finals, you have to get your knees down to study.

The most memorable days are of course of winning and also losing at something that you toiled for. Talking about exams, I was successful completing without failing or drawing up, even once though the grades has been much average. My minimum GPA has been 2.7 in the semester of Differential. I got a C - grade in a course of 4 credits which was a bonus for that. I was really shocked and a little hurt cause I was expecting a bit more. I guess I was a part of a unique system prevailing in Kathmandu University so called, “Deflection system”. I don’t want to explain about it cause I really hate this one. My highest GPA has been 3.76 in 4th year 1st semester. Final semester is yet to be tested. There has been a huge range in my GPA

Of course, I cannot forget my part in Basketball competition. I started playing it in +2 level and I excelled it here at KU. I was even highest scorer and was awarded MVP in Civil Basketball Tournament.

I haven’t danced anywhere as much as I have here at KU. That’s so not me. I usually sing in some ceremonies but here I have also shaken my rigid body.

Survey camp was hell of a fun. 15 days of work, talk and so and so…… are so fresh. Thanks to Jiri for such a wonderful atmosphere and time. The weather was always challenging. I mean, it always rained and working in theodolite during the rain was really tough.

Everything in life has its first time. My lists of first time doings in these 4 years are many. Some are mentionable, while some aren’t. Everything done was accompanied by my newly made friends who are now long-lasted and who made my times full of fun, thrill, wild and trouble less.

I started pursuing my Engineering degree when the roots of my beard were within the skin of my chin. Coming to this point the beard has grown and it signifies my growing old. But growing old is mandatory. I need not do anything for that. Simply, as time passed, I passed. But, I grew up too. I guess, I’ve grown up much. I’ve matured feelings. I think differently now and I realize the responsibility that I’ve held within for myself, family, society and a nation as a whole. I’ve really grown 4 years UP.

Comments

Popular Posts